Immerse yourself in a space of calm and harmony amidst nature. Offer to yourself some days to integrate new teachings or deepen your sadhana (practice).
The course and activities proposed are designed to offer you tools that can help you in your daily life, to connect with your essence and inner wisdom.
✔️ Yoga asanas
✔️ Natural movement
✔️ Relaxation and deep rest
✔️ Mindful eating
✔️ Meditative walking
Duration of the retreat
The retreat starts on Monday, July 13 at 16:30h. There will be an introduction and opening, followed by a dinner and a meditation. The retreat finishes on Sunday, July 19th at 12h after lunch.
What is included?
✔️ Daily smoothie or fruit juice, brunch, snack and dinner.
✔️ 6 nights of accommodation.
✔️ All yoga classes.
✔️ All guided meditative walks.
✔️ Meditation sessions.
✔️ 3 asana/movement workshops.
✔️ 2 yoga theory workshops.
✔️ 1 mindful eating and cooking workshop.
✔️ 1 relaxation session.
✔️ 1 tea ceremony.
✔️ Satsangs (meditation, meditative chanting, time to share and for questions & answers)
✔️ 1 meditative long hike in Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park.
✔️ Public Liability and Accident insurance for activities: hiking and yoga.
NOTE: These rates do not include transportation.
1. Daily classes on the practice and techniques of Hatha Yoga / Vinyasa Yoga:
- Warm up drills: as Surya Namaskar and other sequences.
- Natural movement: we will practice different movement and exercises that will help us to regain mobility, strength and flexibility, which we are losing by leading sedentary lives.
- Asanas (yoga postures) that support the development of strength and flexibility (both physical and mental). Working on improving your technique and practicing with safety and ease.
- Relaxation: simple techniques that you can use for relaxation to free yourself from the inevitable stresses and tensions that go along with daily life.
- Sequencing: at the end of the course you will learn to design your own yoga sequences based on your level and what you are looking to achieve from your practice.
- Yoga as a holistic system: the essential principles of yoga.
- Conscious yogic eating: an introduction to the three ‘gunas’ (from Ayurveda) and how they relate to a healthy, balanced diet. The effect of our food at a physical, mental and energetic level.
- Kriyas: an introduction to techniques for cleansing and purification.
3. Daily sessions on concentration and meditation:
- Pranayama: the study of different breathing techniques and exercises that increase vital life energy, expand lung capacity and calm the mind.
- Meditation sessions: learn basic techniques and tools that will enable you to establish a daily meditation practice.
- Techniques to build concentration, enhance cognitive performance and tap into the power of positive thought.
4. Meditative hiking:
- Techniques for meditative walking.
- Meditative hiking excursions in Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park with explanations of the surrounding nature.
5. Karma yoga:
- By carrying out small daily tasks that support the running of Casa Cuadrau, you will learn to apply the principles of yoga to your daily life. This supports you to develop a more integrated and holistic yoga practice.
6. Personal yoga asana practice: There will be some days of personal yoga practice (with adjustments) giving you the opportunity to put everything learned in the technical classes into practice. These sessions are fundamental to building a sadhana (home practice).
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at anyone who is interested in acquiring tools for their own personal development, for developing a healthier lifestyle and for establishing or deepening their own yoga and meditation practice.
About the facilitators
Katya found in yoga a way of life, a system for self-exploration, providing her with constant support on her path. Currently she continues to deepen her practice with teachers such as Matthew Sweeney, Boris Georgiev, James Boag among others. In early 2014 Katya underwent further asana training with Bharath Shetty and got a 500 RYT teaching certification (Hatha yoga, Vinyasa, and Therapeutic yoga). In 2009, she got her teachers’ training certificate from the International Sivananda Vedanta Organization. Later, after having spent three years working in yoga centers and ashrams from the same organization in Buenos Aires, Toronto, and Quebec, she took an advanced teacher training course in India (500 RYT).
Co-director of Casa Cuadrau, Dani is a yoga, meditation, and meditative hiking instructor and an ecological builder. Following several consecutive trips to India, he completed his yoga teacher training with Bharat Shetty (RYT 500). Dani’s meditation practice is based on Buddhist teachings received from Tich Nath Han (Zen) and S.N. Goenka (Vipassana). He has also developed his own open meditation practice with Open Dharma. Having studied technical architecture in Barcelona, Dani worked in the construction and theater industries, and also as a yoga instructor.
-How to get here? We can provide transport from Ainsa to Vio on the first day of the retreat, and from Vio to Barbastro on the last day.
-Yoga retreats are undertaken in a toxin-free environment with no tobacco or alcohol.
Throughout the afternoon we will enjoy conscious speaking and deep listening, which will allow us to get to know each other in a more authentic way.
Rates per person
|Types of accommodation||Price per person|
|Shared dormitory||825 €|
|Chandra double occupancy||1040 €|
|Chandra single occupancy||1215 €|
|Surya double occupancy||1100 €|
|Surya single occupancy||1275 €|
|Without accommodation*||750 €|
*It includes all the retreat activities and meals. Staying in another guest house.