Immerse yourself in the study and practice of yoga and meditation, along with meditative hiking trips in the Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park.
Refresh or deepen your yoga asana, pranayama and meditation sadhana.
July 13th to 20th, 2018.
Included in the course:
1. Daily classes on the practice and techniques of Hatha Yoga / Vinyasa Yoga:
- Surya Namaskar
- Asanas (yoga postures) that support the development of strength and flexibility (both physical and mental). Working on improving your technique and practicing with safety and ease.
- Relaxation: simple techniques that you can use for relaxation to free yourself from the inevitable stresses and tensions that go along with daily life.
- Sequencing: at the end of the course you will learn to design your own yoga sequences based on your level and what you are looking to achieve from your practice.
- Yoga as a holistic system: the essential principles of yoga.
- Conscious yogic eating: an introduction to the three ‘gunas’ (from Ayurveda) and how they relate to a healthy, balanced diet. The effect of our food at a physical, mental and energetic level.
- Kriyas: an introduction to techniques for cleansing and purification.
3. Daily sessions on concentration and meditation:
- Pranayama: the study of different breathing techniques and exercises that increase vital life energy, expand lung capacity and calm the mind.
- Meditation sessions: learn basic techniques and tools that will enable you to establish a daily meditation practice.
- Techniques to build concentration, enhance cognitive performance and tap into the power of positive thought.
4. Meditative hiking:
- Techniques for meditative walking.
- Meditative hiking excursions in Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park with explanations of the surrounding nature.
5. Karma yoga:
- By carrying out small daily tasks that support the running of Casa Cuadrau, you will learn to apply the principles of yoga to your daily life. This supports you to develop a more integrated and holistic yoga practice.
6. Personal yoga asana practice: There will be some days of personal yoga practice (with adjustments) giving you the opportunity to put everything learned in the technical classes into practice. These sessions are fundamental to building a sadhana (home practice).
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at anyone who is interested in acquiring tools for their own personal development, for developing a healthier lifestyle and for establishing or deepening their own yoga and meditation practice.
Katya found in Yoga a way of life, a system for self exploration providing her with constant support on her path. When she arrived in Vio she rediscovered her love and devotion for nature, as well as a path on which she can continuously learn from her and be in tune with her.
Katya was born in Mexico City. She has a background in business management and marketing and has worked in advertising and marketing in Mexico, France and Argentina. When she was in Buenos Aires she immersed herself in the practice of Yoga and meditation which completely changed her interests. In January 2009 she got her teachers’ training certificate from the International Sivananda Vedanta Organization and later, after having spent 3 years working in the yoga centers and ashrams of same organization in Buenos Aires, Toronto and Quebec, she attended an advanced teacher training course in India (500 RYT). In early 2014 Katya underwent further asana training with Bharath Shetty and got a 500 RYT teaching certification (Hatha-Yoga, Vinyasa and Therapeutic Yoga).
Katya enjoys teaching beginners and seniors, offering classes for all levels, in which each of them can feel confortable practicing at their rhythm and condition. She also designs and offers special Yoga sessions one to one to pregnant women, to people with injuries, diseases or specific health conditions.
She continues deepening in yoga asanas with Matthew Sweeney, Boris Georgiev and Bharath Shetty. She also studies philosophy with James Boag, meditation and mindfulness from Thich Nhat Hanh teachings and Open Dharma.
Director of Casa Cuadrau, Dani is a yoga and meditation instructor and mountain guide, as well as an ecological builder. From a young age Dani felt deeply connected to the mountains and it was in the Pyrenees and the Himalayans where he discovered hiking to be a powerful meditation practice and a way of deepening his connection with nature. Having studied technical architecture in Barcelona, Dani worked in the construction and theatre industries, and also as a yoga instructor.
He was introduced to Butoh Dance, Body Weather and other movement- based practices under the guidance of Carme Torrent and Andrés Corchero, among other teachers. Following several consecutive trips to India, he completed his yoga teacher training with Bharat Shetty (RYT 500) and he continues deepening his yoga asana practice with Matthew Sweeney. Dani’s meditation practice is based on Buddhist teachings received from Tich Nath Han (Zen) and S.N. Goenka (Vipassana). He has also developed his own open meditation practice with Open Dharma.
In 2009, Dani moved to Vió to realise the dream he had been harbouring since 2006 of rebuilding and restoring a traditional Pyrenean building and turning it into a Yoga, Art and Nature retreat centre. A place where the practices he is passionate about can be shared.
-How to get here? We can provide transport from Ainsa to Vio on the first day of the retreat, and from Vio to Barbastro on the last day.
-What to bring to the retreat?
-Yoga retreats are undertaken in a toxin-free environment with no tobacco or alcohol.
RATES PER PERSON
|Shared dormitory||815 €|
|Double room||940 €|
|Single room||1125 €|
|Without accommodation*||725 €|
*It includes all the retreat activities and meals. Staying in another guest house.
The price includes:
- 7 nights accommodation (except the "without accommodation option").
- Daily smoothie or fruit juice, brunch, snack and dinner.
- All yoga classes.
- All guided meditative walks.
- Meditation sessions.
- 4 asana workshops
- 3 yoga workshops
- 2 meditative longer hikes.
- Public Liability and Accident insurance for activities: hiking and yoga.
NOTE: These rates do not include transportation.