Relax, reconnect and recharge in the simple luxury of nature.
Monday 14th to Sunday 20th April, 2014.
Walk in the WONDERLAND of the Anisclo Canyon and Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park, Spanish Pyrenees.
Activate and harness your innate bodily wisdom with meditative trekking in the awe-inspiring surrounds of the Valle of Vio and themed asana exploration classes empowering you with deep and subtle understanding of principles that support all modalities of yoga asana practice.
Breathe deep the champagne-like air of the unspoilt Pyreneen landscape.
Nourish your body and refresh your senses with (as far as possible) locally sourced, organic, home-made mood: including meals by kitchen alchemist Anna Carboneras and home-baked bread by Amba Hewitson.
Learn simple yet powerful yoga techniques and principles to take home and apply in your life.
- Daily themed asana classes to cultivate personal, experiential understanding of principles that support skilful engagement in all modalities of yogasana practice
- Themed exploration to encourage subtle inquiry and cohesive engagement on the mat and facilitate deep understanding of yoga asana as practice for life.
- Daily meditation time, morning and evening.
- Daily satsang: talks on practical yoga philosophy, bringing the timeless wisdom and practical guidance of the yoga tradition into the vivid context of our lives and practice today.
- Daily meditative trek/walk in the amazing surrounds of Casa Cuadrau.
- Walk like never before: learn to walk lightly and smoothly, like an animal at ease in its natural environment.
- Discover the joy of ‘yogic walking’ in harmony with your surroundings and cultivating healthy neuro-muscular patterns to support healthy movement wherever you are.
- Time to enjoy the friendly atmosphere at Casa Cuadrau and the indescribable beauty of its natural surroundings.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE RETREAT?
Exploring the timeless themes of the Easter story from an inclusive, yogic perspective:
- The cycles of life and nature: birth, death, incubation, grief, resurrection
- The power of forgiveness
- The Lord of the Dance: harnessing our energy for harmony and sustainable growth and prosperity
DURATION OF YOUR STAY:
You can stay as long as you wish, either for:
- one week (from Monday 14th to Sunday 20th April) or more days…
- the long weekend (April 17, 18th, 19th, 20th)
James is known for bringing the traditional, scriptural teachings of yoga to vivid life, in ways which elucidate their relevance and practical application in our lives today. His powerful a capella kirtans invite participants to bathe in rich sound; cleansing, energising, and heightening awareness of the depth and glory of our inner selves.
James’ practice and teaching grow from their roots in Shankaracarya Vedic tradition and the school of Kashmir Shaivism. His classes are infused with the ‘ras’ or flavour of joy associated with the devotional practice of kirtan, and of the bliss which is seen as underlying everything in the beautiful teachings of Shaivism. He has been teaching yoga and leading kirtan regularly since 2003 and teaching since 1993. In 2005, while he was teaching English at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, James began studying Sanskrit.
Since 2008, James has spent over half his time in Mysore, India, where he finished his MA in Sanskrit, and also leads kirtan and courses on the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras, atended by international students of many Mysore’s renowned yogasana teachers.
|1 full week (Monday to Sunday)||547,00 €|
|2 full weeks (Monday to Sunday + additional day between programs)||1.147,00 €|
|3 full weeks (Monday to Sunday+ additional days between programs)||1.625,00 €|
|Labour Day Long weekend (1-4 May)||291,00 €|
|Bed linens and towel||6 € / stay|
The price includes:
- Accommodation in shared dormitory.
There is the option of staying in double rooms with an additional fee.*
- All vegetarian and organic meals, made with love
- Daily meditative walks in nature.
- Teachings (theoretical and practical)
- Meditation sessions
- Meditative trekking
*DOUBLE ROOMS: There is the option of staying in double rooms in a home stay in the village of Vió or Buerba, participating in all our activities and meals (please contact us for more information).
- All activities are optional and can be modified to suit the group. To get the most of your stay, we recommend that you participate in all scheduled activities.
- Karma Yoga: skillfulness in action. Let yoga support us in all we do.At Casa Cuadrau, we cultivate this by giving time each day (1 hour) to yoga in everyday action, making simple tasks like cooking, cleaning, helping in the house in a mindfull, bodiful, senseful integrated action.
- Meditative Hiking: once a week we have a longer excursion. It is a perfect opportunity to enjoy the wonders of the the Ordesa National Park, Añisclo Canyon and surrounding areas.
- How to get here?
- What to bring? + Information
IMPORTANT: Our Yoga Retreats take place in an environment free of drugs; cigarettes, alcohol, etc. are not allowed.
MINIMUM GROUP: a minimum number of participants are required to run the retreats. If there are not the enough people, we will help arrange another retreat for you, or will provide a refund.