Woud you like to be part of Casa Cuadrau Staff? We are a Yoga, Art and Nature Retreat Centre in the Spanish Pyrenees.
Come and be part of a work team that has the dream to offer an experience of Yoga as art of living, to sow seeds of transformation in all who come to our retreats.
We are looking for people who feel passion for yoga, meditation, nature and/or art and share our principles. For us it is appreciable that staff members are versatile and would like to undertake different tasks in different areas, however, we are expecting that each member could specialise in one certain task and share more responsabilities in that area.
We value qualities such as enthusiasm, joy and creativity, cleanliness and order.
We are hoping that our team members seek their personal and professional growth, making their dreams a reality through what they do here, and at the same time, offering their precious contributions to the development of Casa Cuadrau, a project full of passion and in constant evolution
We are looking for a Head of Kitchen:
The Head of Kitchen is a person with a vocation for vegetarian, nutritious and creative cuisine. With estimation and foresight skills, coordination and teamwork, as well as love for order and cleanliness. A calm, organized and responsible person.
Responsibilities / Needs
- Coordinate, organize and manage the service in time and quality of daily meals for groups between 12 and 35 people.
- Cook following Casa Cuadrau guidelines and menus.
- Tracking and ordering of food according to budget.
- Organization of tasks to be performed before and during each retreat period.
- Lead, train, coordinate and supervise volunteers in the kitchen.
- Product inventory control (fresh and dry) and equipment status.
- Ordering food and other needs.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and cleaning of kitchen and pantry spaces.
- Document the “star” dishes in recipes to nourish our newsletter.
Skills / Experience Needed
- 2-3 years of professional experience as head of the kitchen in retreat centers, schools, shelters or hostels, or catering companies.
- Experience and / or studies in vegetarian / vegan cuisine.
- Experience managing costs and budgets in menus.
- Skills to lead, educate and manage a team of people
- Ability to cook based on menus and limited food quantity.
- Experience in inventory management and ordering to suppliers.
- Organised, flexible and able to solve unforeseen events.
April 1 - June 15
July 1 - September 15
Sept 26 - November 6
For more information, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org