27 Apr Quinoa and veggies Croquettes
There are days when the body asks us for something fried. So the other day we had some quinoa made and we got the idea to make some croquettes.
This is an easy recipe where we can use the vegetables we have at home.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 fine chopped onion
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 grated zucchini
- 1 egg or you can use chickpea flour with water to replace it
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- oats flour
- Frying oil (we use olive oil)
- Olive oil
- Fine chopped parsley
- Sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- Sauté the onion and garlic with a little olive oil and a pinch of sea salt for a few minutes.
- When the onion is soft, add the grated cumin, carrot and zucchini to the pan and stir (you can use any vegetable you want to take advantage of)
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the quinoa and parsley. Mix everything well. Beat an egg and add it, add salt or tamari as you wish, mixing to a compact consistency. If it is very soft you can add a little flour, if it is very dry, you can add a little water or vegetable broth.
- Let the mixture cool.
- With a large spoon, shape the croquettes with a small amount of dough, depending on the size you want. Coat the croquettes with the oatmeal.
- Heat the oil and fry the croquettes evenly until they turn light brown and crisp.
- Dry excess oil on absorbent paper and serve hot with a salad. We accompany these croquettes with mustard and a pumpkin puree that we had from another day, but you can do it with what you prefer (mayonnaise, some sauce, etc.)