06 May Homemade Ice Lollies – sugar free
Little by little the hot weather is coming and at home we love ice cream, but especially homemade ones. In fact, when we go on a trip and buy some ice lollies (commercials ones), we usually regret it, because they taste too sweet and very artificial.
It is already habit at home to have natural fruit ice lollies in our fridge and that is why we want to share a recipe which is very easy, very nutritious. And the great about it is that you can experiment according to what is in the fridge.
- Fruit that you have at home, this time we use strawberries and bananas, but the ice lollies are equally delicious with pear, cherries, mango, melon, peaches, apricots, etc. In fact, in the cover photo of this post, Uma eats one with pear and banana
- 1/2 Cup of milk, this time we use oat milk
- 1 Cup of yogurt or vegan yogurt, we usually use soy or goat yogurt
- 1 Cup of oat porridge, to make it thicker. You could also use more bananas, coconut oil or something to give it more consistency.
- Nuts or dried seeds, this time we use almonds, which is what we had at home
- And if you want, some ingredient to sweeten. The fruit and especially the banana is already sweet, we usually use some dates or raisins. We invite you not to use refined sugar, maybe you can try with a little honey or some kind of syrup if you don’t have dates or raisins.
- Mix all the ingredients with a blender. The idea is to get a thick cream, not so liquid, so that they are richer.
- Empty the mixture into the ice lolly containers, put them in the freezer and it’s done! The next day you will have the ice lollies ready to savour.
As you can see it is a very nutritious and natural recipe, since in one ice lolly the children and adults are eating fruit and protein (dairy and nuts). Thus we avoid the use of sugars and processed ingredients, artificial colourants, etc.