This crêpes recipe is especially good for those days where we feel like treating ourselves and eating something sweet. You will also have a good time while preparing and eating them. It is a perfect dish to surprise your friends, to cook with your family or to give space for your creativity to flourish as what goes inside the crêpe is in your hands, quite literally.
We invite you to prepare this recipe in a mindful way, paying attention to the coordination of your body parts; the trick is in the wrist. In order for the thickness of the crêpe to be right, the batter must be spread out throughout the entire pan. This can be achieved by finding the proper wrist movements, worthy of your full attention to the movements and the breathe. A part from enjoying the cooking process you can use this recipe as a meditative practice too.
- Whisk (necessary)
- Hand or juice blender (optional)
- Non-stick pan (necessary)
- 1 litre milk (plant-based or dairy)
- 3 eggs
- 500 g flour (white or spelt)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the flour in a large bowl in a volcano shape. Create a small hole in the centre, then crack and pour the eggs in it.
- Pour the milk, oil and salt, then whisk everything together (we recommend using the whisk).
- Mix well until you have a consistent batter. If once mixed you notice the batter is too dense, you can add a little bit more of milk to give it a more liquid consistency.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Use a non-stick pan to cook the crêpes. Pour a little spoon of olive oil and brush it with kitchen paper, oiling the entire pan. (We should take this step before pouring the batter on the pan.)
- Pour a big serving spoon of batter with one hand while you hold the pan on your other hand, with circling movements. Do this until the batter is well spread throughout the pan.
- You will notice that the crêpe adopts a darker browner colour, take a spatula and flip it, to cook the other side. Once both sides are cooked, remove from the pan (1.5 mins approx.)
- Chop the banana in slices.
- Add the butter to the pan, set to medium-low heat and let it melt and spread.
- Place the sliced banana and sugar in the pan.
- Continuously flip and stir the banana until it becomes golden. Once it’s slightly toasted you can remove it and add it to your delicious crêpe.